The Greatest Myths of the Start of World War 2 - Roger Moorhouse
Why everything you probably know about the start of World War 2 is probably WRONG. We spoke to historian Roger Moorhouse about his major new book on September 1939, 'First to Fight.'
Roger busts a host of myths and misunderstandings about the brutal start of World War 2, and the potential British and French complicity in the German narrative of the Battle that emerged.
- How 20 German commandos invade Poland singlehandedly - a week too early.
- Why Britain and France had no Plan B
- Why Britain and France forced Poland NOT to mobilize against the growing German threat - and why Roger finds this 'shameful.'
- How the German invasion of Russia...could have started in occupied Warsaw
- How the French army promised to invade Germany within 2 weeks of Poland being invaded... but then didn't deliver
- Could France and Britain been able to STOP Hitler's mad plans to conquer the world if they'd invaded like they promised?