1. The First News website does not automatically collect any information, with the exception of the ones contained in cookie files.
2. Cookie files (the so-called „cookies”) are IT data, in particular text files, which are stored on the website user’s terminal device and are used for browsing the website’s pages. Cookies usually contain the name of the origin page, the duration of storage on the terminal device and their unique number.
3. Polska Agencja Prasowa Spółka Akcyjna, with registered office at ul. Bracka 6/8, 00-502 Warszawa, Poland, is the First News website operator, responsible for placing and accessing cookies on the website user’s terminal device.
4. Cookie files are used to:
- adjust the content of the website pages to the preferences of the user and to optimize the use of web pages; in particular, these files allow to identify the website user’s device to properly display the web page, adapted to the user’s individual needs;
- produce statistics to improve the website’s structure and content, by better understanding how the users browse it;
- maintain the website user’s session (after logging in), so that the user does not have to re-enter their login and password at every subpage of the website;
- measure effectiveness of advertising campaigns, provide the user with advertisements corresponding to their interests and optimize how often an advertisement is displayed.
5. The Website uses two main types of cookie files: ‘session cookies’ and ‘persistent cookies’. ‘Session’ cookies are temporary files which are stored on the user’s terminal device until they log out, leave the page or shut down their software (internet browser). ‘Persistent’ cookies are stored on the user’s terminal device for the time specified in the cookie file parameters or until they are removed by the user.
6. The following types of cookies are used within the First News website:
‘necessary’ cookies, enabling the use of services available within the website, e.g. authentication cookies used for services requiring logging in on the website;
cookies used to ensure security, e.g. employed to detect authentication exploits on the website;
‘efficiency’ cookies, which allow collecting information on how the web pages of the website are used;
‘functional’ cookies, which ‘remember’ the settings chosen by the user and the user’s interface personalization , e.g. the chosen language or region from which the user comes, font size, website appearance, etc.;
‘advertising’ cookies, which deliver advertising content better matching their interests to the user.
7. In many cases, the software used for browsing web pages (internet browser) stores cookies on the user’s terminal device by default. At any time, website users can change cookies settings. The settings can be changed to block automatic storing of cookies in the internet browser or to notify the user every time they are stored on the terminal device. Detailed information about the ways of managing cookies are available in the software (internet browser) settings.
8. The website operator informs that restricting cookies usage may affect some website functionalities.
9. Cookies placed on the website user’s terminal device may also be used by the advertisers and partners cooperating with the website operator.