The new hostel in the Polish capital will be run by the Lambda Warsaw Association, an organisation which for over 20 years has been supporting lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people.
The amber is thought to have been dislodged during dredging work ahead of building a 1,300-metre canal in an area known as the Vistula Spit.
EXCLUSIVE: TFN reader sends surprise package from the US containing an original June 1939 edition of NatGeo magazine. One article entitled ‘Pedalling through Poland’, details the adventures of photographer Dorothy Hosmer who travels from Kraków, to the Polish Tatra mountains and through territories of present-day Ukraine.
According to the French real estate agents, the house in Saint-Remy-les-Chevreuse, around 40 km from Paris, which includes tapestries and terracotta from the Curies’ era, needs an extra EUR 200,000 in renovation.
Initially seen as being an eyesore and hinderance to beach-goers when work began in April, the pipe which is being used to extract silt from the seabed has now become a welcome place to rest, pose for selfies and party.
The project, called Nexus21 in collaboration with the cultural institution inLodz21, will see the transformation of neglected buildings and spaces on 21 residential, commercial and public space plots, into cultural hubs designed to highlight the city’s innovation and creativity in industries such as architecture, textiles, fashion and film, all of which are a key part of the city’s heritage.
The renaissance pearl that is the Old Town remains as striking and fresh as the day it was finished: a place of colonnaded passageways and shaded, leafy courtyards, it all leads to a mesmerizing square that stops you in your tracks.
Opened on April 29th, the gigantic 126-metre-long yellow-green labyrinthine structure over a busy motorway is made up of six zig-zagging ramps with sharp 180 degree bends.
Used to decorate wall panels as an alternative to wallpaper, as upholstery for furniture and as a decorative covering for bags, boxes, chests and jewellery, gilt leather was once used to adorn the most luxurious noble interiors, including castles and palaces.
Designed by one of the eminent ceramic artists of the PRL era, Bolesław Książek, the tiles were revealed while renovations were being conducted on Złota Kurka, a milk bar that first opened in 1952 in Warsaw’s MDM district.