Polish prosecutors offer aid in Bucha massacre inquiries
Polish prosecutors have offered their Ukrainian counterparts help in investigating alleged war crimes committed on civilians by Russian troops in the Ukrainian town of Bucha near Kyiv, Poland's National Prosecution said on Monday.
The Prosecution said the declaration of help follows a March 25 agreement between Ukraine, Lithuania and Poland to jointly investigate Russia's attack on Ukraine. It added that a similar declaration had been forwarded to the International Criminal Court in The Hague.
The Prosecution also pointed out that on February 28, Poland launched its own inquiry into Russia's invasion of Ukraine, with a special focus on securing evidence of Russian war crimes in the country.
On Sunday, Ukrainian media published images of bodies, some with bound hands and exhibiting close-range gunshot wounds, strewn across the streets of Bucha following the town's liberation from the Russians by Ukrainian forces. There are also reports of mass graves.